Insomnia in childrenm p
The change that we face in our daily habits has significantly affected our lives and has made it difficult for us to sleep. Our children are affected just as much, maybe more, and it is exceedingly difficult for them to manage.
Children’s sleep is usually a significant challenge for parents and affects all ages, from infants to teenagers. Insomnia is a difficult condition for children and it absorbs a lot of their energy. Restful sleep is essential because it significantly affects the physical, psychological and mental function of children. When children do not sleep well, both their physical and mental performance (including schoolwork) shows a sharp decline.
Sometimes childhood insomnia can be caused by a medical problem, so it is important to see a doctor or specialist to make a correct diagnosis.
Most of the time in easy (non-pathological) sleep problems we can help children in natural ways to overcome them. One of these ways is with natural relaxants such as lavender essential oil.
Here are some suggestions for treatment using lavender essential oil:
- Rub a few drops on the bottom of their feet or on the big toes
- Put a 2-3 drops on their pillowcase
- Put 2-3 drops on the stuffed toy that the children have with them in bed
- Diffuse the aroma of the essential oil with a diffuser before and during the night
- Let them inhale and rub a few drops on their neck for a healthy sleep